Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy Lent

I am filled with wonder over the gifts I am being given this Lent.

Ever since resolving to make this blog, I have felt as if a load has been lifted from my shoulders. My spirits have lifted and I have had much more energy with which to face the normal demands of my day. This weekend has been no different. I have enjoyed quite the leisurely weekend, I assure you. At the same time, my focus has been more on preparing for the coming week than recovering from the last one. This is a huge change and it feels wonderful! Some of this is rooted in my husband and I being more on the same page in this regard than we used to be.

My sweet husband and I are very compatible and do more mundane tasks together than most couples would ever admit to considering. We are, however, born with opposing body clocks. I am a morning person while he is a night owl. For his birthday in December, he started exercising in the mornings and losing weight quite successfully. Gone were my quiet private mornings and the funny looks over my weirdo foods. He has been packing lunches the night before in stead of eating out so much. He has been looking up ideas for fresh foods that he could eat rather than the old stand-by's that his southern grandparents taught him. We are enjoying more of the same foods, spending a few minutes together in the kitchen each evening, and sharing our mornings in the living room with him exercising while I review for my classes that day. I really enjoy these changes.

We are so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment