Monday, March 9, 2015

Getting Settled

Getting settled into new routines often means that I have gotten to the point where I am familiar enough with something that I am tempted to cut corners.

My husband's new morning routine is getting that familiar. It is very tempting to wait until morning to fix the lunches, even when we take time in the evening to plan out the next day. These evening planning sessions are not really anything more than brief conversations that start with something like, "Tell me again what your schedule is for tomorrow..." For someone like me who is completely willing to roll with the punches and take things as they come, such conversations are all it takes to completely revolutionize my life. There are two blessings held within them. My husband and I are making a more deliberate effort to face our days together and God is giving me a very simple and recognizable way to resist temptation.

This little fight with temptation, prep meals tonight vs. waiting until the morning, will equip me to face a much more difficult temptation in the morning: get out of bed early and put on workout clothes and exercise for the second day, or give up and sit on the couch in my jammies for half an hour sipping coffee. If I get off the couch tonight and win this fight, it will be that much easier not to sit on the couch in the morning.

That being said...

No comments:

Post a Comment