Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Dinner with Friends

Casual friends can be a blessing, just as close friends are a blessing. Tonight we had dinner with friends that we rarely hang out with. It was a great evening. The kind of evening that leaves you wondering why you don't do these things more often.

I can't really say why we don't. Sure, I can describe what we normally do with our weekday evenings but an efficient cause is not a final cause. I don't know why I gravitate toward quiet nights at home and rely on social obligations or requests for help to get me to be sociable. I like the company of others, at least in small groups. I can also talk your ear off. Out of habit, I hang out with my husband and my best friend and don't get out much.

I am grateful for the reminder of how many friends I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment